We have an immediate opening to be a part of our community in the role of Urban Farm and Garden Assistant. We also have several developing opportunities in farm and garden partnerships. If you are interested in this current opening or similar opportunities, please apply here. There is also a link to contact us and ask questions here. Applicants should be motivated to be part of Brendan’s Crossing community and growth and discernment work in addition to the duties that follow:
32 hours/week of farm and garden work at two sites. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Helping plan, plant, tend, water, weed and harvest gardens with guidance from Farm and Garden Directors.
- Daily walk throughs of property, gardens, and checking for anything extraordinary.
- Care of chickens and other small livestock. Includes feeding, watering, and cleaning of coop.
- Pruning of fruit trees and bushes.
- Compost management.
- Bees – help observe and maintain hives.
- Help with maintenance and repair of infrastructure of of gardens, fences, coops, and other structures that support the gardens.
- Help coordinate produce transport and use (e.g. to community kitchen, food pantry partners, CSA, and farmer’s market).
- Interact with and coordinate volunteers for learning and service days.
Applicants should be knowledgable, hard working, self-starters who are motivated to work on their own with or without direct supervision. This role is physically demanding and requires working outdoors. This role will require a commitment through the harvest – end of October 2016, but could extend into the 2017 season if mutually agreed upon.